Monday, November 16, 2009

Paa - Music Review




The tune of Mudi Mudi  (and all other versions) is something which only Ilayaraja can produce. A continuous wave like flow. The way charanam blends back to pallavi is brilliant! The way instruments are used largely differentiates each version

Gum Sum Gum -  One more dimension to Thumbe vaa. Great guitar and piano works! (Hear all the older versions here)

Halk Ke Se Bole - Again I am stuck how come the old female solo beautifully fitted in this children chorus. I hope this song will see the screen at least this time. (Old Version is must hear)

Hichki Hichki - Complex rhythm pattern followed. Sheer brilliance of Ilayaraja. I like the rendition "Jaane Do na". Waiting to see the picturisation of this song [;)]


Paa Song - "Full Lights On [:D]" Kudos to Amitabh. This song should be the crowd puller.

Paa Theme- Grand orchestration! Have you guys ever heard these kind of music? I hope now you will stop saying Ilayaraja is some south Indian folk music composer. Should I mention whom I am referring as 'you'?




A wonderful album by Ilayaraja! Wishing the movie a great success!

No comments: