Saturday, June 27, 2009

Today's Travel and Ilayaraja

I was traveling from Bangalore to my home at Chengalpattu today.

Whenever i travel home, the travel from Bangalore to Vellore will be smooth, Vellore to Kanchipuram will be little tiresome and Kanchipuram to Chengalpattu will be completely tiresome.

But today, it was completely 'ulta'.

Bangalore to Vellore was horrible. I boarded at 10:30AM in Blore and reached Vellore at 3:00 PM. I was terribly hungry from 1:00 PM itself. The bus was stopping everywhere. Adding to the headache, they put 'Sachin' film in the bus. Appa Saami! Mudiala! Even if i avoid Vijay's film, i am forced to see. Enna koduma da sami!

Though the food at Vellore was not great, i ate well. I was so dreadful towards the rest of travel.

Then i went to the platform where Kanchipuram buses come. To my surprise, i saw a Kalpakkam express (Kalpakkam buses goes through Chengalpattu) waiting. It won't stop in many places. So i was relieved.

The conductor switched on the CD player. "Naan Erikkarai Melirundhu..."
Hohooo.. He has put Ilayaraja hits CD. Thank you conductor!

All my headache gone. The last 3 hours of travel was cool and calm.

There was a family(father, mother and a 22 yr old son) on my right seat. They were going to Kalpakkam. The son was constantly questioning his mother, the film name after each song. I called him once and answered for a song. Then we introduced ourself. I introduced myself as 'Ilayaraja Veriyan'. He introduced himself as 'Konjam Ilayaraja Veriyan' :)

So both the veriyargal were enjoying the songs together till i parted at Chengalpattu.

On the whole, Kalpakkam express and Ilayaraja gave a happy ending to my travel.

5 comments:

Archana said...

ellam ok, but vellorela saappadu nalla illennu sonnadhu dhan konjam idikkudhu. ;-)

ennaa adhu en ooru :P

Karthik.R said...

I didn't mean Vellore in general.

The food served in hotel present at bus stand was not great.

rajarathnalaya said...

Did u hear Achamundu Achamundu songs? I was wondering whether Ilayaraja Sir would have helped Karthik Raaja in composing. I liked the song sung by Ms. Sowmya very much.

Karthik.R said...

Please don't take away the credit from composers.

Karthik Raja is a talented person and worked with Ilayaraja for many years. He has also been co-composer with Ilayaraja.

There is always a belief among the music community that Karthik Raja is talented than Yuvan Shankar Raja though Karthik Raja cannot make things bigger.

Remember 'Ragasiyamai' from 'Dum DUm DUm', 'Odudhe Odudhe' from 'Ragasiyamai'? They were some of the finest of songs from Karthik Raja.

'Kannil Dhaagam' from 'Achamundu Achamundu' is one such work by Karthik Raja

rajarathnalaya said...

haven't heard the second song, oduthe.