1. Wayanad is a district and Kalpetta is its Headquarters
2. At least 1 week is needed to cover all the tourist spots of Wayanad. So don't be very optimistic to see all places if you are planning for a shorter tour
3. Be ready to have good amount of small and large trekking. Most of the places can be seen only after a tough walk
4. Don't forget to take your shoes.
First spot was Soochipara Falls. (Entrance Charge: Rs.20/- per head) We reached there by 11AM. It was very hot. We need to walk for more than a km from road to reach the water falls. Sid started feeling tired from then and it continued till Sunday :). The place was not crowded. Tourist can actually plan here for their morning bath. It is very good with not much risks (unlike Meenmutty falls).
1. We can't see many honeymoon couples unlike other hill stations. The couples will become extremely tired after a day long trekking is the justification I could think of. (Should I elaborate more? :P)
2. There are good amount of kids (aging between 8 and 15) climbing all the places with great energy and surprised smile. They were the motivators for their parents to climb and also aged young people like us ;)
3. The auto/jeep/car walas are not very greedy. There won't be any necessity for a bargain in most of the places.
We reached Calicut by 3.45PM. We managed to find a cloak room in bus stand. Most of the buses in Calicut were privately owned. We had to some how spend time till 9PM (bus boarding time). We came to know that beach was 3Kms away from bus stand. We saw something strange in Calicut. People were depending a lot on autos. Whenever an auto reaches bus stand to drop some one, there will be another group rushing inside the auto. People were running behind autos even before it stopped so that they get chance to get a place. We people who were used to seeing autos which stand empty in road corners and auto drivers calling us "Sir, Auto beka?" could not compete with the localites in catching an auto.
I had been to many places in the past 2 years after joining IIITB. I would rate this tour as the best one. The places being the obvious reason, another important factor is our group. All were in same tuning and all of us had 'Simplicity and Sense of humour' as a common character. I wish to go for many more tours with this group!
I feel like Wayanad welcoming me again to visit the places that were left by us! I will come back soon, my dear! :)