Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Eeram - Movie Review

It is very unfortunate that I saw it in Thiruttu DVD. What can I do? It is removed from Bangalore screens in a week and not at all released in Hosur. I can't travel to Chennai for seeing this movie. So sorry 'Eeram team'!

This is the best movie I have seen after Nadodigal.

1. Aadhi - Not a mirugam now :) A very polite police role and beautifully done by him. Eagerly waiting to see, how the directors are going to use him in future movies

2. Nanda - Done his role perfectly. I personally don't like 'Doubting husband' role. That is what Nanda is doing in this movie.

3. Sindhu Menon - A matured role both as a lover of Aadhi and wife of Nanda. She grabs the entire attention during first half. Nice romantic track between her and Aadhi.

4. Saranya Mohan - My favorite. I love her (Ponnu Iyengar a? :P ). She is looking younger than in Vennila Kabadi Kuzhu. She has a reasonable amount of role in this movie but not enough for her fans like me. I can see her alone in a 3 hr movie :)

5. Music - Thaman : Dei Boys Gundupayya! neeya da music lam podra? :P Though the songs are not great, BGM is too good. BGM is more important in these kind of movies and Thaman has done a good job.

6. Cinematography - Manoj Paramahamsa : It appears like you have done a great job. But I can't appreciate much since I didn't see in theatre

7. Story, Screenplay, Direction - Arivazhagan : "Believe your wife the same way you believe your mother". I think, this is the message they are trying to say. Even 'Dindukkal Sarathy' kinda tried to say the same but with comedy base. I hated Dindukkal Sarathy. But we have to appreciate Arivazhagan for choosing thriller as a base for this story. Very gripping screenplay. Hats off! We should appreciate Shankar for exposing such talented people in his productions.

I liked the movie 'Yaavarum Nalam'. This movie is better than that.


Eeram is a must watch movie. Please encourage movies like this.

2 comments:

Kaushik said...

Illa ba...Saranya Mohan Keralathu penn kutti. Minji minji pona Iyer'a iruppa, Iyengar kashtam dhan. Hard luck. :P

Karthik.R said...

@Koushik

My sister called me and asked Saranya Mohan's detail :P

Ponnu paakkave thayaara aagittanga! :)

So naan inimel pinvaanga maatten ;)