Thursday, July 30, 2009

MRP - Minimum Retail Price

The real expansion of MRP may be Maximum Retail Price but from end consumer perspective, it is minimum retail price. We don't get an option to buy most of the products at a price lesser than MRP.

But there are instances when we buy a product paying more than MRP. That is why I call it Minimum Retail Price.

We have seen cool drinks and other eatables sold out a higher price than MRP in hill stations. I find some genuineness in that (though it is also illegal). But the atrocity happening in bus stands is too much.

Today, while I was coming to home from Bangalore, I went to a shop in Hosur bus stand and asked for 1/2 litre Pepsi. 'Rs.20' was printed in big letters on the bottle cover. But the shop keeper asked me Rs.24/- I asked why? He said that it is the price in all bus stands. I was shocked to hear it. He added " Buy if you want or vacate the place".

Neither I had guts to fight with him nor I had time since the bus was about to start. I still consoled myself that the scenario is only in Hosur because it is border. But the same scenario in Vellore bus stand too. So I had to buy it without questioning.

It is the bus stand retailers who are exploiting customers' impatience or the bus stand retailers are exploited by some one (should I say who?) and in turn it adds to the burden of customer?

I don't know but it is we who are suffering at last. We don't have time or motivation to step into sales tax office and complain. Neither are we sure whether any action will be taken. Who knows? They may be the ones who are exploiting the retailers.

Now comes the necessity for an online complaint registration website run by government which will accept complaints about anything in the country and take prompt action. Is there any?

Hoof. I have poured out all my grievance at least here :)

We Indians have practiced to live with whatever is there.

I will leave this issue after writing and you will leave this issue after reading.

Long Live India!

No comments: